- Q4: NVDI does not boot with the NOVA VDI
A: Three conditions are required for this to work:
- You need the NOVA VDI v2.61 or later
- All NVDIDRV?.SYS must be disabled (change their extensions to ".SYX")
- The AUTO folder order must be: EMULATOR.PRG, STA_VDI.PRG, MENU.PRG, NVDI.PRG, WDIALOG.PRG.
- Q5: The combination NVDI + NOVA VDI + MagiC does not boot. But it does work without MagiC.
A: Check the following:
- The AUTO folder order must be maintained as in Q4; use AUTOEXEC.BAT if nescessary.
- The line #_DEV must be present to get "meaningful" results; for example: #_DEV 4 0
- Q26:Using Jinnee on a NOVA graphic card tranparent moving of icons does not work.
A: In the NVDI 5 version dated before 1/6/98 could not detect the presence of raster functions
on the NOVA card. Use a version of NVDI5 dated 1/6/98 (or later).
- Q27: Jinnee notes are not transparent when moved on a system with a NOVA graphic card (a
white block is being movewd instead).
A: NVDI had problems with OffScreenbitmaps, that were derived from the NOVA display driver (when a
defined format is passed, as in Papillon 3, no problems). This problem occurred in combination
with NOVA cards, Jinnee, CAB and the Calamus module FRANKLIN. Update to a NVDI 5 dated 28/6/98
(or later) if you have this problem.
Copyright © by Behne & Behne Systemsoftware GbR
Last Updated 08/31/1999